The easiest, 5 minute prep, creamy overnight oats you’ve ever tried. I can almost guarantee it.
This week, I accidentally made the BEST overnight oats I have ever made. This is saying a lot, considering how much I adore these chocolate chia overnight oats.
My mom was visiting this week end and popped into the grocery store with us. She purchased a few things for the week, one of which being the new nut milk that Silk makes- protein nut milk. It packs 10 grams of protein and has only 2 grams of sugar in one cup. Mom put her milk in my fridge to keep it cold while we hung out, and the milk never made its way back into her grocery bag when she left to go home. I saw it in my fridge a few nights later as I was looking for milk to add to my oats and figured I would give it a try. I sometimes add yogurt to my oats to boost the protein, but I figured I could skip that step by adding the nut milk instead of my usual almond milk. Less ingredients and less mess in preparing- win-win.
The next morning as I dug into my oats and took the first bite, I was honestly shocked at how delicious these were. They turned out ridiculously creamy, smooth, sweet, and satisfying. I even told Al, while still eating them, that I couldn’t wait to eat them again. This nut milk is definitely going to be on my regular list from now on!
- ½ mashed banana
- ½ cup oats
- 1 cup Silk protein nut milk (do not substitute)
- 2 tsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp vanilla extract or ½ tsp vanilla bean powder
- ¼ cup frozen blueberries
- Drizzle of Trader Joe's mixed nut butter (you can sub, but this one stays creamy and drizzles better than any other brand I have tried!)
- Mash ½ a banana in a small bowl until creamy. Set aside.
- Add oats through vanilla to a mason jar, screw lid on, and shake well.
- Add blueberries, shake lightly.
- Drizzle with nut butter and then refrigerate overnight.